Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Twix Cookies Buddy Bake

Wow!! It has been a long time since I baked (and posted)! Sorry to anyone out there that might have missed the delicious cookie pictures. As usual, I have come back ready to find an even better cookie! I left you guys with one of the best cookies I have ever tasted (the Blueberry, White Chocolate Soft-Bakes), but the ones I had picked out for this bake surely had the potential; they combined two of my favorite things to eat: TWIX and cookies!!! How could these possibly go wrong???

Side note: This is not from the book

Anyway, there are a couple of things that needed to be decided on before getting down with the baking...First, what kind of cookie would be the base cookie in which the Twix would be mixed? Second, how would the Twix be in the cookie?? There are a few options for this...in the mix (haha and if you don't see why this is funny then you suck), on top crumbled, or on top in one piece. I was personally worried about how the caramel would cook for good reason...Way back when my friends and I baked a cake with marshmallow in it...yeah, bad idea...the marshmallow hardened and the cake was basically inedible. Of course, caramel is different, but still, I had my worries. I decided to go with a Snickerdoodle base as those are delicious and basic, and I figured the cookie would compliment the twix nicely. Also, the cookie would be baked with the snickerdoodle, but on top rather than inside...

Also, THIS IS A BUDDY BAKE, FEATURING ADAM!!



I met Adam when I started bussing at Islands. He's a server there and I honestly don't remember how our initial interactions went...all I remember is that I decided he would be worth talking to when he mentioned my cookie blog (haha jk). He was a follower of sorts and was interested in baking with me. So I believe it was like within two weeks of him asking me that we met up.

Baking-wise, these cookies were pretty simple, I mean, they were snickerdoodles, so nothing complicated. As always, the baking time was the only uncertainty because this oven sucks so much.


So there really wasn't much to these cookies. The simple deliciousness of them is what really got me as usual. The less work you have to put into an amazing cookie the better, I always say.

The cookies turned out amazingly and I would have to say one of my favorites right off the bat. I only wish that I had tried some of the twix in the mix to see how that would have turned out.
Overall rating, 9.5/10. Go Twix Cookies


And I would like to end this post with a quote from Cookie Monster that I had as my facebook status for awhile but that deserves to be on here as well.

I'll try to bake again real soon! Thanks to all of those that follow so religiously!!

‎"Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you."

2 comments:

  1. how come there is none at my apt right now??!?!?! lol it reminds me of the time i made u twix brownies

    ReplyDelete