Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Golden Book of Cookies

Inspired by the movie (and novel) Julie and Julia, I have decided to start a blog that will trace and record my journey through this recipe book that I got but a few days ago. It is called the Golden Book of Cookies by Barron's Bardi, Egan, Moore, and Morris. I was initially drawn to it by its gold-leafed pages and further encapsulated by the over 330 recipes of delicious-looking cookies inside of it. I am no great baker, but I enjoy doing it in my spare time as many people know by the multitude of cookies leaving the apartment weekly. After my first skim through, I decided I would take the time to go through every single recipe, look at the picture, scan the recipe, and decided whether or not I would try to bake that cookie. I will not be quite as intense as Julie was in the movie, but I will do my best to push out at least one new cookie every week. As my experience with actual baking is minimal at best, there will for sure be some major screw-ups for you to laugh at and enjoy reading about, so I hope you continue to check in here and see the progress being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment