Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chocolate-Glazed Macaroons




YES! Today was the day that I reattempted the Chocolate-Glazed Macaroons....they were rough. Multiple times throughout the baking process I had to ask for others' opinions and input. Thanks to Lauren, Kev, Greg, and Max for all the suggestions!! But yes, with the help of the mixer we could finally fluff up the egg white and sugar mixture. I let it cool while I was in class, then I came back and started baking them. We have two different cookie sheets, and I have been noticing that one of them gets hotter than the other and it usually screws up half of the cookies. Once again, the bad pan made half of the cookies look different than the other half...half of them really looked something like the book, and the other half looked like they were being baked for too long.

So, 3 minutes before they were supposed to be ready I took out both pans and began melting the chocolate that goes on top of the macaroons. This was a totally new thing for me as I had to make a double boiler...so with Kevin's help that was possible. We melted them and began drizzling first the milk and then the white chocolate. This was the gamebreaker of these cookies. The combo, once again, of white and milk chocolate made the rice cracker crunchiness and almond-ness worth the time in your mouth. The overall cookie was delicious! Unfortunately, all the work and time that went into the cookies lowered the overall rating of them, but I'd have to say that they are a

6.5/10.

Mmmm

3 comments:

  1. It went from good to bad for a bit to great, props sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I would agree depending on which pan you got the cookie from lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were pretty freaking delicious. I have to admit, I haven't had a more appetizing cookie in a long while. Major props bud.

    ReplyDelete